You are here: Home
/ VOBA Services
/ Scanning Services
VOBA UK Document Scanning Services
High Volume Scanning Capabilities
The VOBA Document Scanning Bureau has capacity to scan over 2.5 million documents per month using state of the art scanning hardware & software. Our scanners can capture all document sizes up to A3, shapes, colours and weights to a very high standard.
Our Document Scanning Process and procedures, detailed on our Scanning Process page, ensure your documents are safe and secure, and high quality scanned images.
Secure & Confidential Service
Client confidentiality and information security is assured. All data is stored on offsite servers in the Cloud, and all internal data storage equipment (PCs, Scanners, local network servers) is regularly backup. In addition, all staff are regularly CRB checked and subject to employment terms that include confidentiality.
We are flexible and can adopt many different charging models based on client needs. However, before agreeing we like to discuss requirements to ensure an efficient cost-effective process, and to review the quality of the source material to:
- assess itís suitability to be fed through an Automatic Document Feeder (ADF);
- estimate the amount of pre (& post) scanning preparation required;
- stimate the data inputting effort required for any indexing.
Benefits of Document Scanning
The benefits of document scanning are many & varied:
- Reduce storage space by 98%. Typically 3 full filing cabinets can be scanned to fit on a CD Rom, and considerably more will fit on a DVD
- Shared access to documents: A physical document can only be viewed by a single person at a single location, and is not easily distributed. An electronic document can be easily shared amongst people at many locations.
- Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity: Paper Documents are generally not backed up. Electronic data, including documents is generally backed up every 24 hours or more frequently. Scanned documents and electronic archives can be stored on & off site, and be re-instated after a disaster enabling business as usual.
- Improve Information Search & Retrieval.
- Improved Efficiency:A Gartner survey found that a typical office worker can spend 40mins every day finding documents. Scanning your documents into a Document Management System (EDRMS) could cut this by 50%. A single employee therefore could save approximately 7.5 hours in time every month, or 12 days a year.
- Reduce Administration Costs: A Gartner survey found that a typical office worker can spend 40mins every day finding documents. Scanning your documents into a Document Management System (EDRMS) could cut this by 50%. A single employee therefore could save approximately 7.5 hours in time every month, or 12 days a year.
For more information or to discuss your requirements please contact us.